This weekend we finally got the milk machine put together. I have been gathering photos, instructions, bits and pieces and all the various things we would need to do this. There were a few problems with some of the bits so I had to go back to the hardware store several times to get ones that worked.
But it is officially together and had suction on it just find inside. Today I will be trying it outside to see how things go. It achieves suction inside just against the palm of my hand so it will work with the teats. I don’t know for certain if I need a smaller teat cup, so I have a couple of smaller ones ordered in case these are too big. We used nylon washers and rubber washers on the underside of the lid so that there is NO big dollop of poxy crap that others have used and tote as “food safe” even though that horrid poxy is in the milk all the time. We also don’t have any of the brass nuts inside either which the milk can corrode and cause toxic problems.
I stopped into a little antique shop last week, looking for an arm chair similar to the one that I used at A Sisters Act in Hart, MI on the UFO day. I was spinning with my Majacraft Little Gem spinning wheel and liked the feel of the chair and position of my legs. Recently, sitting on our couch even with the pillows and such behind my back to give me extra support and get me out of the back of the deep couch, has been causing pain. After spinning for several hours at A Sisters Act, I thought to try to find a chair similar to the chair there. It was one from the grandmother of the lady there brought over from Europe so there would be no buying that specific chair.
I did not find a chair, but my eye was caught the instant I walked through the door by a lovely Birdseye Maple antique writing desk. I went back later that day with Charlie to show him but they were already closed up for the day. I did manage to find a phone number and talked with the shop owner and arranged a time to go see it the following day. We were not sure going there but did come home with the desk.
Charlie had to fix the chains which had been put into new holes in the incorrect location so the fold down desk part wouldn’t sit properly. He wood filled the current holes, fixed the old ones and a few days later attached the support chains correctly. Cleaned up and ready to use. We will need to find a new set of castors for it as the original ones are in the drawer but not in good shape at all.
I still haven’t found my chair, but the next time I am in Hart at A Sisters Act, I will stop and get a photo of it so that it will be easier to find one for my own spinning at home.